AsiaMe is the best Japanese dating site for both casual and long-term relationships. In other words, it’s your #1 choice if you are going to meet ladies from Japan-this site has a lot of messaging tools, very detailed profiles (and a low number of fake profiles), and lots of extra services (gifts and presents). Here, you can use a video/voice call feature, send messages, and buy gifts-but all these features are not free to use, you’ll need to buy credits first. If you are not interested in purchasing a paid plan yet, you can use the site for free-such things as profile editing, photo uploading, profile browsing, and unlimited search results are available even if you have 0 credits.
How many Japanese use TheLuckyDate Asia, EasternHoneys, and other sites? What do they think of online dating, and is this industry developed in Japan? Here, you’ll find the top 5 interesting and useful facts about Japanese online dating statistics!
- The most popular dating app in Japan isn’t Tinder-it’s Pairs, a Japanese dating service designed for millennials and even promoted on TV. It has more than 10,000,000 members mostly from Japan.
- The number of users is expected to be 8,300,000 by 2025-that will mean 1 out of 15 Japanese use online dating services (in the US, it’s 1 out of 6 people).
- One of the main reasons why online dating is not that popular in Japan is because they still have a lot of offline dating traditions such as Goukon (group blind date) and Machikon (kinda like speed dating).
- The industry is growing-slower than the one in the US, but it’s still growing. The user penetration is around 6.1% now android apps to find hookup couples, and it’s going to hit 6.7% in the next 3 years.
- More than 30% of those who have Pairs installed on their phone also have Omiai and other dating apps. Japanese know that it’s all about diversification-they use a lot of apps to increase their chances to meet an ideal match. It means it would be great for you to use various dating apps, too!
How to choose an online dating site? A full guide
You can’t just pick any dating site and start using it. Well, technically, you can-but the chances are very high that you just won’t get what you want from such a dating website. Unfortunately, there are lots of Japanese dating platforms that are simply not worth your time and money-and if you want to choose the right dating site, follow these simple rules.
- Always read the reviews-all the reviews you can find (you can read quality reviews here). Sometimes, the users write fake reviews, but it’s not that hard to spot them. It’s always about the language, the details, and the generic-looking profiles of the authors.
- Pay attention to such factors as messaging tools, mobile version of the site, the quality of profiles, and the number of active profiles. It doesn’t matter if you’re going to make new friends or find a long-term partner on an online dating platform; these factors are always extremely important.
- When it’s done, test the website yourself. Make sure if it’s convenient for you, if its pricing policy is comfortable and clear, and if this website feels “right” for you.
Registration on a dating site: A complete guide
- Most Japanese dating websites such as AsianMelodies or OrchidRomance only need your email, name, and date of birth to create your profile. It’s up to you whether to enter your real name and email address-if you want to remain anonymous, you can do it without any problems and consequences. However, we highly recommend using a real email address-it doesn’t necessarily have to be your personal or business address, but it must exist, and you must have access to it.